Last Updated: February 13, 2023
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you when you order Products, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The categories of information we collect include:
- Contact Information: we collect your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Financial Information: we collect your payment information through payment processors.
- Communication Information: we collect information included in your communications to us.
We may also collect any other information you choose to provide, such as if you complete a survey.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect the following categories of information:
- Transactional Information: we keep a history of your transactions with us, including the dates and amounts paid for Products.
- Internet Activity Information: we collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Website and interaction with our communications, such as access times, pages/Products viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and pixels, to collect information about your interactions with our Website and communications. These technologies help us improve our Website and communications, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, count visits, and track clicks. You may be able to adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect educational and demographic information from third parties.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may infer that you are interested in certain Products based on your purchasing or browsing history or infer your approximate location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the categories of information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Marketing and Advertising: we use information to send direct marketing messages (including via email and automated text) and target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites as described below. You can opt out of direct marketing messages we send by following the instructions in those communications (e.g., clicking “unsubscribe” in the emails or replying “STOP,” “END,” or “CANCEL” to the texts) or by contacting us.
- Protection and Compliance: we use information to detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, help protect the rights and property of Toto and others, and comply with our legal and financial obligations.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
You can learn more about these activities, and opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We disclose the categories of information described above as follows:
- Vendors: we disclose information to vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that need this information to provide services to us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment and delivery, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, and marketing and advertising.
- Advertising Partners: we disclose information to third parties for the Marketing and Advertising purposes described above.
- Professional Advisors: we disclose information to our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- Legal Authorities: we may disclose information to legal authorities and others for the Protection and Compliance purposes described above, including if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Toto, our users, the public, or others.
- Corporate Transactions: we reserve the right to disclose information in connection with negotiations of certain corporate transactions, including the merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Affiliates: we reserve the right to disclose information between and among Toto and any current or future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Consent: we may disclose information when we have your consent or you direct us to do so.
We also disclose de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.